Saturday, October 29, 2011

The pumpkin awaits


I left Bucharest this morning.  After breakfast, I walked to a local park on Reina Elisabeth and then back through the old town.  Outside McDonalds, I was approached by one of the local dogs.   The young pooch came right up to me, jumped up, friendly (I was scared for an instant, but the dog's tail was wagging.)  The dog said to me: Hey, can you go into McDonald's and get me something.  The dog knew I was an American tourist.

Sucker that I am, I went into McDonald's and bought a sausage biscuit.  The dog devoured the sausage patty, not the egg or the bread.  After finishing the meal, the dog looked at me, smiled (I think), and happily ran to catch a bus.   Really, the dog got on the bus with human passengers. 

I could not get my camera out in time, but I was laughing all the way back to the InterContinental. 

The dog got on the bus!

Now in Amsterdam.   I took an evening canal cruise.  Quite a warm day and night!   I will be back home tomorrow, and work on Monday.

What is all this nonsense about snow?

2 comments:

DW said...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! If I recall correctly where you live, you might want to check that your flight is still scheduled and on time. Travel to and from the east coast has been chaotic. Last I checked, about four million people were without power.

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

thanks, DW. Did all the checking just after getting up yesterday. No snow in my area. Flight left 5 minutes late and got in five minutes late.