Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Another birthday: Edison is 14

Edison James Kittycat Koenig celebrates his 14th birthday.  He's is a bit on the plump side, but that doesn't prevent him from jumping on the couch or cuddling up with me at night.  Eddie was a rescue.  My husband and I extricated him from a storm drain at Edison High School, near our home.  He was emaciated, hungry, had ear mites and roundworm, all treatable.  We were not sure if he was healthy, but when our vet told us that we had rescued a marshmallow, Bill and I looked at each other and said: "Snip him!"

Edison has not been emaciated for years, nor does he have ear mites or roundworm.  He's big boned, a bit chubby.  Cats, however, cannot do crunchies so he has to live with the flabby abs!  

Happy birthday, my darling Eddie.

No comments: